Wednesday, April 1, 2009

a spoonful of honey

a stencil in work. the sun is shining. I have been in a heavy mood lately. I don't even listen to the radio or watch tv. It must be rubbing off on me. or is the moon? or the pressure on this poor sweet planet that we call home? how do we create relief? how do we apply a bandage or some ointment?
Are we the anchor? Am I the ointment? In my calm manner do I create a balm? Am I milk on a burn? If I quiet my mind and mediate on the pleasures and presence of life am I the ice pack? Questions for the gurus. Questions for myself. I have been a bee hive of hectic and worried energy. Stormy tummy and dark of the night furrowed brow. night terrors over money. cold sweats over gentle paces. questioning. questioning. what brings me back to calmness? meditation. exercise. community. the circle. art. action. action. action.
this is a time to act. action buddha. thank you for remembering. in the act of writing this out. I remembered. action. gentleness. surrender. tenderness. simplicity. love.
I am going to get on my bike and participate in an action. end the tar sands. RBC has invested 50 BILLION $$$$ in the tar sands. system access fees. pay us to keep your money safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment