Tuesday, June 23, 2009

finding the threads

we are hanging by a frail thread
all life is threatened
we are here in the future
where we drink water full of pesticides, pharmaceuticals, and jet fuel
our food is engineered and we are distracted to the point of exhaustion
we have created hell on earth.
it is our creation
and we can unmake it.
this is good news
the other good news is that we are here together
with each circle that we hold I become aware of the importance of sharing our stories
sharing our dreams
facing our pain together
creating art and beauty together
speaking from our hearts
loving ourselves
finding joy and success in the simplest actions
taking action
it is time to share our dreams and sounds
we are in the beginning
and in the beginning there was darkness
the first creation was sound
make some noise
and listen
this is scary for me
my voice is scary to me
will it crack, will it go off key, will they laugh at my tone and tonelessness?
i know that I will feel stronger if I start to use my voice
this comes at the same time that I am learning to be a more attentive listener
funny how that happens
two sides of the same coin
listening and sounding
both are hard and both are calling
a spoonful of honey grows with each week.
the film and installation are finding their shape
we are finding the thread that weaves through all our stories
we share
we will begin in darkness and end in darkness
the power of art to make change and give voice to the people
is empowering and exciting
join the circle
listen to your elders
listen to yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment