Monday, February 23, 2009

mama d in the house

Seeing yourself in Others - The Heart of Love
the sixth circle
a spoonful of honey

We had a jam session song sharing circle.
Awesome is a word that comes to mind.
Wow! is another.

I had a crisis today.
I was worried that no one would show up for the circle.
I was worried that I needed more structure in the circle.
I was worried that we hadn't made art and I was letting people down.
I was worried that I wasn't moving fast enough.

How fast do I have to move?
Earth pace? Turtle pace? race car?
When I move faster than I am comfortable....Nothing good comes of it.

We spoke about being in the now.
The only place you are suppose to be.
I have to remind myself of this every day.
I am here and it is the right place for me in this moment.
I am not late. I'm right on time.
I am aligning myself with cosmic time so that I may run in to you by chance
by the oranges at food 4 life.
I will see you then and we will call it a coincidence.
It's synchronicity and we are on time no matter how late we are running.

We spoke about love
we spoke about being present
we sang
we smudged
We had a beautiful circle of eight joined by a ninth half way through.

I am guessing we spanned the ages of 10 to 75.
Many bloodlines came to meet in the middle of the circle.
We had endless stories and similar experiences to swap and share.
Learning that we all wag fingers at ourselves.
And bully ourselves into moving faster and ignoring our intuitions.
We are more similar than different.

refreshing and invigorating
circles are the best
drums are the heartbeat
and we are light

ShoutOuts:

Thank you Mama D for joining the circle and sharing your thoughts on ands and buts.
Thank you for your poetry of resistance.
Your wisdom, grace, and powerful voice!

wow!
the drums came out
Larry's box of rattles, tambourines, wooden fish, bananas, eggs, hand drums, flutes, and more
instruments of mass percussion ....to quote Larry
Thank you for sharing your toys and your heartbeat.

Thank you Biljana for the music, the dancing and the smudging.

Justin thank you for your patience, your amazing drumming, and for making this a truly intergenetrational storytelling circle.

Kai'enne mind blowing, consciousness raising, astounding soul music poetry.
Thank You!

Justyna thank you for your presence, drumming, energy at the end of a long day.
Thank you for meeting the youth who didn't show.
We missed your presence. We will see you next time.

Ronnie thank you for holding the circle and supporting intergenerational storytelling.
You and the fish made beautiful music.

Thank Morris for wandering in off the street, taking photos and broadening and growing this circle in a very intergenerational, multimedia, multicultural way! Wahoo!
Beautiful photos were taken.

Thank you to Gabi and Andy for sharing the Red Pepper Spectacle Arts Community Centre!
This is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
Perhaps we have found a home for the circle.
We were blessed with the presence of all our spirit animals.
All our relations surrounded us and held the circle for us.

Thank you hazel for filming, being brave, and showing up. Trusting in the love of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment